Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Mohawk?!

If you would have asked me if I would allow my 6 year to get a mohawk, I would have told you NO. Yet, here is some indisputable evidence of my 6 year old with a mohawk...


hmm, how did that happen?

Well, quite simple. Corbin asked for a mohawk several weeks ago. I shrugged the request off figuring it would pass. Pass it didn't. He kept asking and I kept putting it off, trying to find a valid reason to tell him no. And finally, I realized there really was no reason not to let him. I believe in self expression and letting my children make their own choices whenever possible. So I reluctantly gave in, but not without striking a deal. I told Corbin he could have a mohawk for a couple weeks, but we would shave it off before school started (afterall, I don't want his teacher's first impression of Corbin to be with a mohawk). He quickly agreed. So here is my cute little 6 year old with a mohawk... and to tell you the truth, I don't mind it too much.


Trent also got his hair cut. Mark asked him if he wanted a mohawk like his brother. He said no, just his usual cut. Thank goodness. I don't know if I could have handled my 3 year old with a mohawk.

3 comments:

Cara Hoag said...

I have to say I like Trent's better! And also can't believe you gave into the mohawk but like your reason for doing so.

Jen said...

Erik will be so proud...of Corbin AND of you for letting him do it! :) I'll make sure he sees the photos. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the mohawk! it's just hair - it grows back :)
Kara