In honor of April Fool's Day (otherwise the First of April), I am going to write another entire blog about recent FIRSTS in our family!
1. First Stitches! OUCH!
On Monday, we started off the day with Trent taking a head dive into the entertainment center. The result was a deep cut right above his left eyebrow. I called my mom to come over to watch Corbin and Becca, and I took him in to get stitches. It was very traumatic at the doctors. He was strapped to a board in a blanket with Velcro. He couldn't move, then they put a small sheet over his head to block the bright lights out of his face. There was a small hole in the blanket big enough to give the doctor access to the cut. It took four stitches to close the cut. Trent was very brave, despite screaming the entire time. He quickly recovered when they gave him a lion sticker. Since then, Trent has been largely unfazed. My dad suggested that maybe this incident will slow him down, but it hasn't. We were at the store yesterday, and everyone was asking him what happened. He just looked at the people like they were crazy- he doesn't even realize his eye is still hurt. I am feeling good to have survived our first stitches. I am sure it won't be our last.
2. First time standing up
Becca has been racking up the first lately. A couple weeks ago she started crawling, then her first tooth, now she is pulling herself up to standing! As soon as she mastered crawling, it took her no time to realize she could crawl to the couch and pull herself up. Check it out:
No comments:
Post a Comment