Since Saturday when our truck was stolen, I have been feeling a range of emotions. None of them good- anger, frustration, depressed, violated, stressed, etc. I try to remind myself that it is only possessions and we still have so much to be thankful for, but those negative emotions still seep in. Thankfully the holidays are right around the corner, so it gives me something more positive to focus on.
Last night, I was cuddling with Corbin and Trent and we talked about Thanksgiving. Every night at dinner we list what we are thankful for that day. Usually it includes things like- I am thankful for the sunny day, for going to school, for daddy being home, for food, etc. I was explaining that Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for all our blessing from the past year. Corbin decided he already knew what he was most thankful for this year- "God, Jesus and Mary". I said, "I am thankful for our family and three beautiful and healthy kids." Corbin said, he wanted to add something else to his list- "God, Jesus, Mary and our Family." I then asked Trent what he was thankful for. He quickly answered, "LIONS". Later that night, when I went into Corbin's room to say goodnight. He had one more thing he was thankful for- "our health." So there you have it, we do have SO MUCH to be thankful for: God, Jesus & Mary, our family, our health and, of course, Lions.
1 month ago



2 comments:
The things that Corbin and Trent are thankful for are so representative of their personalities!
This is perhaps my favorite blog so far! Not only does it describe how your family has bonded together to overcome the frustration of Mark's truck being stolen, but it is such a fun image of the whole family and is definitely a great reflection of the boys' personalities!!
Post a Comment