Sunday, November 9, 2008

A boy of many talents!

A little update on all things Corbin:

Corbin is on the verge of reading. He understands the basic concept of sounding out and phonics (too bad the English language doesn't follow phonics most of the time)and he has memorized 50+ words. Today, he read most of Green Eggs and Ham to me. His face glowed as he realized he was reading. I am so proud of him. Here is a short video of him reading:

Saturday was Corbin's last soccer game and his end of the season party! He had a wonderful season as part of the Super Thundercats! I am amazed how his team came together and were passing and playing as a team. It was such a huge improvement from last year. I really enjoyed watching him play. Corbin also turned out to be quite a little scorer- I think we have a future forward emerging. He averaged 3-4 goals a game, with several games of 5 or more goals. Here are a couple soccer pictures:
After the last game, GO SUPER THUNDERCATS!

Corbin passing to a teammate for the assist:

Halftime Pep-talk by coach:


Corbin loves picking out clothes for Becca- this is a picture of his latest outfit. He really wanted her to wear this pink dress, but I told him it was too cold for it. He responded by telling me that she could wear jeans with it, "jeans go with everything, Mom." Then he picked out the white shirt to go underneath. A fashion designer in our midst?


Last night, Corbin asked if Trent could spend the night with him in his room. We have let them try this before, but they end up fighting or Trent won't go to bed and Corbin gets mad, etc. I figured they could give it another try. I set a timer and told them they could play until the timer went off, then they were to turn on a cd book and lay down and go to bed. It went very smoothly and Trent spent the entire night in Corbin's room. It is so fun to see them together getting along.

Corbin received a large tub of Tinker Toys last Christmas. He hasn't shown much interest in them until this week, when he spent an entire afternoon building stuff. He eventually came out and informed me that he had made 25 swords with his Tinker Toys. He then said, "I can have 24 friends over to play sword fighting" I thought, "Oh Great, like that will ever happen- I will NEVER have 25 kids running around my house playing swords."

Finally, just for fun, a few snapshots Corbin took this weekend. He loves taking pictures with our camera. I think it is interesting to see what he decides to shoot. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Brenna said...

A little late, but I just wanted to tell you that I loved the Trent Lion/baby sling Lion story so much that I told my sis and Colin at dinner tonight! Of course they thought it was the cutest!