Friday, November 13, 2009

Shredding It Up!

Last February, I discovered this video:

Becca had just turned 6 months old, and I was still hanging on to 15 plus pounds of pregnancy weight. I decided that it was time to do something about it. I turned to my good friend, Amazon and searched for a workout video. The Shred was by far the best rated video. I had never watched the Biggest Loser, so I was not familiar with Jillian and had no idea what I was getting myself into. The Shred had such high reviews and contained three separate workouts all about 20 minutes. It was just what I was looking for- I figured I could easily find time for a 20 minute workout.

When The Shred arrived the next week, I was excited to try it out. I started with level one, and it TOTALLY kicked my butt. The next day I couldn't move. I was contemplating throwing the video away and never doing it again. But Mark decided it would be good for us to do it together and commit to the whole 30 days. AGHHH! I was not excited about this idea. So day two, Mark did the Shred with me. He had watched me do it the first day, and thought it looked easy. He realized that it was not so easy, when he felt like throwing up after his first attempt. Despite the pain, we stuck with it for the full 30 days, slowly working our way through each level. The whole time I wanted to quit, but I could feel my body changing. I was getting stronger and I was shedding the pounds. After the 30 days, I had lost 10 lbs, but more than that, I had gain strength and was ready to move on to more challenging workouts. Mainly these two:


As much as I loved The Shred (and I really did learn to love it), I enjoy these two even more. They are longer and more intense, but they get results. I have continued to do these three videos (along with a couple others) since finishing my initial 30 days, and I have never felt stronger or in better shape. I reached my goal weight and now am focuse on becoming more fit and I owe it to Jillian!

So if it isn't obvious yet, I totally recommend these videos! If you have a hard time getting to the gym, or looking for ways to stay active during the gloomy winter, or possibly already thinking about your New Year's resolution, THEN check out these videos!

3 comments:

Jen said...

YAY!!! I totally discovered "30 Day Shred" in January last year, and I LOVE IT!!! It's soooooooo tough but soooooo wonderful! I'm excited to see your review of the other two videos because I've been thinking about getting them--which one is your fave? Jillian is just finishing up a brand new video and I can't wait to try it, too! Thanks for the motivation boost, Meg. I've been thinking about recommitting to 30 days of "Shred" again, so maybe this is the sign I needed. :)

Megs said...

Good question- I don't know what is my favorite. They are so different & I love them both. No More Trouble Zones is strength & weight training and it kills my arms in a good way! The Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is all cardio. I think it is harder than NMTZ because it takes more endurance. I would get both! AND I am excited for her new one. I have it in my Amazon cart already :) Good Luck Shredding Jen.

Hoag said...

I shredded out and haven't really gotten back into it! I need to get these buns in gear...it'll be my new New Year's resolution! Oh, and that comment on your Seattle trip blog from Cara is really mine - I didn't realize I was logged in under her moniker!