Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Growing Up! (part 2)

Yesterday, I blogged about parenting moments that make you stop and take note of how grown up your child is, and I focused on a moment with Corbin. Today, I wanted to share one such moments with Trent.

Trent is enjoying his first year of preschool and seems to be making lots of friends. A couple weeks ago, he came home and told me that Ava was his favorite girl in his class. I asked him what made Ava his favorite? His response, "because she is the biggest." (By biggest he means tallest, not actually BIG. And, I told him that girls don't appreciate being called big) Then, yesterday when we arrive at school, Trent' spotted Ava and said, "there is my favorite kid." Then at pick up time, when I was waiting with the other parents and Ava's dad tells me that he knows all about Trent. That Ava talks about him all the time and plans on marrying him. He then tells me that he asked Ava what makes Trent so special, she responded, "Because he is a cutie, Dad." Well, Trent is definitely a cutie, but I am not ready for marriage talk! He is growing up SO FAST!

1 comment:

Cara Hoag said...

Can you tell the kids to stop growing up so fast while their Auntie lives so far away?